Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My first Tsumami kanzashi ecru and brownish red

Yes, I call all my flowers tsumami kanzashi, but this one is the real deal. I was making something like this one for a customer (for her wedding!), and with the left over flowers I made this one, maybe I should keep it for myself, I am so much in love with it. Colors are perfect for fall, although there is no fall in florida maybe in january , for a bit :)
I dyed habotai silk 8mm from dharma trading with ecru and brownish red. I should try and get this color again. I work in the lab all day long and measure everything meticulously. so when I work on my craft I am not being precise. I should weigh the dye and the fabric I know but it is just too much work for now, maybe later...
cheers

No comments:

Japanese inspired accessories from a Turkish-German couple ;)